19 Sep HOW TO WRAP HANDS FOR BOXING
Posted at 05:02h in TRAINING
A good hand wrap helps boxers protect their hands, wrists and knuckles. When we punch with full force the key to staying injury-free starts with a good, basic wrap…
HOW TO WRAP HANDS FOR BOXING
- Begin by unrolling your hand wrap finding your to the end, the thumb loop.
- Place the loop around the base of your thumb then pull the wrap across the back of your hand.
- Wrap around your wrists 2-3 times then go between each finger over each knuckle then back down are the wrist.
- To finish go back around your wrist and using your thumb as the “anchor” begin wrapping between each finger, starting between your pinky and ring finger. Keep your thumb fully extended so that the wrap is coming up from the base of your thumb.
- If you have extra wrap at the end simply cross back and forth over the back of your hand, making an X pattern until the wrap is at its end then velcro securely.